National Hand Washing Week is December 4-10, 2016.Hand washing is the most important step you can take to avoid getting sick and stopping the spread of germs.
- Wet under running water.
- Lather with soap.
- Scrub for 20 seconds.
- Rinse under running water.
- Dry hands with towel or air dry.
You can us an alcohol based hand sanitizer. It should be at least 60% alcohol. Apply to hands and rub until dry.
Hands should be washed:
- After sneezing/coughing/blowing nose.
- After using toilet.
- Before and after eating.
- After handling waste/emptying trash.
- After touching money/handles of shopping carts/railings.
- After playing.
- After touching animals.
- Before handling food.
- After touching raw meats, poultry and fish.
- When arriving at work.
- Anytime you change tasks (go from one thing to another)
Continue to follow North End Waterfront Health for more health and wellness tips and information.