Boston Police District A-1 provided North End / Waterfront residents an update on recent neighborhood crime incidents, summarized below, at the February 2019 North End Public Safety Meeting.
*Salem St. Brawl Update: 2/5/19 (post-parade): Twelve suspects have been identified by police. Suspects to meet with police this upcoming week, to be charged with an affray. Additional charges may be added as the investigation continues.
Aggravated Assaults (2)
– 2/5/19 at 3:15 p.m. (Salem Street): Police officers responded to an assault & battery in progress at Salem and Parmenter Streets. Victim reported he was sitting in his vehicle and was struck over the forehead with a glass bottle. The two known suspects, one of whom was threatening the victim through the window with a small knife, then fled on foot. The victim further stated he had a verbal argument with the suspects earlier in the day over a parking issue.
– 2/5/19 at 6 p.m. (224 Hanover Street): Police officers responded to Hanover Street for a female victim struck in the head with a bottle inside the suspect’s apartment. A witness, friend of the parties involved, stated they had been drinking alcohol all day following the Super Bowl parade. The suspect became violent toward the victim and struck her with the bottle. Suspect placed under arrest for assault & battery with a dangerous weapon (glass bottle). Victim transported to MGH for treatment of a severe laceration to the forehead.
Breaking & Entering – Residence (1)
– 1/20/19 at 2:30 a.m. (14 Cooper Street / 15 Bartlett Place): Male suspect placed under arrest for breaking & entering (residence) and attempted breaking & entering (residence) of another building. Police officers responded to a breaking & entering in progress at a Cooper Street building. Suspect had broken through a bedroom window and ran out the front door of the residence. Prior, the same suspect attempted to gain entrance through a kitchen window of a Bartlett Place building, but was unsuccessful. Suspect placed under arrest after being found on Endicott Street.
Breaking & Entering – Commercial (3)
– 1/5/19 at 4:30 a.m. (342 Hanover Street – 7-Eleven): Front door to establishment was smashed with a brick. Packs of cigarettes were strewn across the floor (some of which were possibly stolen).
– 1/9/19 at 7 a.m. (585 Commercial Street): Construction company supervisor reports that, overnight, an unknown person entered through a rear temporary window of a school under construction. Removed from the building was a mitre electric saw (valued at $300).
– 1/11/19 at 1:40 a.m. (241 Hanover Street – Bricco): Former employee allegedly broke into establishment and transferred $2,200 from restaurant’s account to credit cards and gift cards.
– 1/4/19 at 12:30 a.m. (125 Salem Street): Victim reports she had a cleaning company in to clean her Salem Street apartment. The victim further stated she left for an hour while she let them clean, leaving her purse and wallet inside the apartment. When she returned, the purse was still there, but wallet had been stolen. Wallet contained U.S. currency and personal papers. When questioned, the cleaners denied any knowledge of a stolen wallet.
– 1/27/19 at 7 p.m. (218 Hanover Street – CVS): Male suspect ran into the store, stole 4-5 bottles of a hair product and fled on foot.
– Breaking & Entering – Residence
– Breaking & Entering – Commercial
– Assault & Battery / Disturbing the Peace
– Weapon (Firearm): 2/2/19 at 8:46 a.m. (39 Cooper Street): Landlord heard woman screaming. Victim said her male companion had a firearm. Officers responded and noticed part of a gun protruding from the suspect’s clothing. He did not have a license to carry. Arrest was made. Suspect claimed it was his third gun charge.
– Aggravated Assault & Battery
– Assault & Battery (2)
David Marx hosts the monthly Public Safety meeting with Boston Police District A-1. North End Public Safety Meetings are held on the first Thursday of the month, 6 p.m. at the Nazzaro Center, 30 N. Bennet Street. All are welcome to attend and bring their questions. See the Community Calendar for upcoming meeting dates.