For many, the new year is a time to reflect and consider making lifestyle changes that will improve aspects of their life. Resolutions are made to try new things or attempt to live healthier. For those interested, the CDC has put together a list of tips for living healthier in 2019:
- Commit to a healthier diet. Eat more fruit, vegetables, whole grains, lean meat and low-fat foods.
- Move more, sit less. Adults should have 150 minutes of moderate physical activity per week.
- Rethink your drink. Drink more water and less sugary beverages.
- Get enough sleep. Adults need at least 7 hours of sleep per night.
- Quit smoking. Smoking is an unhealthy habit that can lead to multiple health issues.
- Be sun safe. Even in cold weather, the sun can damage your skin. Use a sunscreen with at least 15 SPF.
- Take care of your teeth. Brush your teeth twice a day.
- Seek medical care. Get a medical check-up yearly.
- Learn your health history. Knowing you and your family’s health history can shed light on your current health needs.