December is a great time to spread awareness about the importance of hand washing. Hand washing is the most important step you can take to avoid getting sick and stopping the spread of germs.
There are 5 steps to hand washing:
1. Wet under running water.
2. Lather with soap.
3. Scrub for 20 seconds.
4. Rinse under running water.
5. Dry hands with towel or air dry.
You can us an alcohol based hand sanitizer. It should be at least 60% alcohol. Apply to hands and rub until dry.
Hands should be washed:
• After sneezing/coughing/blowing nose.
• After using toilet.
• Before and after eating.
• After handling waste/emptying trash.
• After touching money/handles of shopping carts/railings.
• After playing.
• After touching animals.
• Before handling food.
• After touching raw meats, poultry and fish.
• When arriving at work.
• Anytime you change tasks (go from one thing to another)