by Mary Wright, RN, health educator, North End Waterfront Health
The weather is expected to dip back into the teens later this week, so here’s a reminder about winter safety tips:
- Dress in layers.
- Wear a hat.
- Wear non-skid boots.
- For safety and visibility, wear a brightly colored scarf or hat.
- Cover exposed skin with sunscreen; you can burn in the winter.
- Do not shovel snow if you are out of shape.
- Use rock salt or de-icing compounds on steps and sidewalks.
- Do not put your hand into the snow blower.
- Avoid driving in snow or ice storms.
- Limit time outdoors in freezing temperatures.