What’s Happening In The North End / Waterfront:
As the Pats end their run, at least the Bruins won the opener (hence today’s photo) and it’s a short work week for those lucky enough to be off from school and work in observance of Martin Luther’s King, Jr.’s Day on Monday, January 21st.
BostonZest is our go-to site for What’s Open in Boston on Monday’s holiday.
Check out the MLK Jr. Day events at Faneuil Hall.
But there’s a snow watch with accumulation potential in Boston … starting as soon as Monday afternoon/evening.
View the details on upcoming events and meetings in the Events Calendar.
What’s new on the blog:
- Picture Puzzle: Icy Winter’s Night in a North End Alley
- Outdoor Basketball Court at Nazzaro Playground Being Destroyed by Event Parking [Video]
- NEMPAC Adult Italian Language Course Offerings for Winter 2013
- Survey: Trash Pick Up and Recycling in the North End
- A Day of Service and Celebration in Honor of Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. at Faneuil Hall
- NEBO’s Pallotta Sisters: “We’re Going From Brooklyn to Manhattan”
- Prince Street Needs a Trash Pick Up, After the Pick Up
- Police Blotter: Hanover Street Assault, Mother / Son Drug Bust
- Poetic Plea from RUFF
What people are talking about:
The most heavily clicked post is usually stoic Police Blotter, but it’s not everyday you hear about Mother / Son drug bust.
Heavy on the comments and clicks is the video from the NEWNC meeting where the Boston Police talk about noise and quality of life issues with the council. Trash on Prince Street is also a contender, followed closely by the Poetic Plea from RUFF.
The anniversary gallery and storify of the Great Molasses Flood drew a lot of views this week too.
The word “supermarket” has taken on a life of its own in the area. See the latest news article.
Your comments are highly encouraged!
Notable News Found Elsewhere:
The weekly church bulletin from St. Leonard’s Church.
Are you an Italian living abroad (i.e., here)? Read this Bostoniano post on voting in the 2013 General Elections.
The Neighborhood Photos gallery has been updated. Take a look at the last 2 years of non-event photos highlighted here on NEWF.
Neighborhood Photo of the Day:
Nothing like a cannoli before the game, as Bruins fans stop into Mike’s Pastry:
Did you take a great North End / Waterfront photo? Send it in to be featured.
Your additions and comments are welcome below. If you are not yet subscribed to the NorthEndWaterfront.com newsletter? Sign up here.