Refreshing citrus is now in season! Brighten your plate with oranges, clementines, tangerines, and more. Citrus fruits are packed with flavor and offer impressive health benefits. Here are 5 reasons to make citrus part of your diet today!
- Citrus is high in fiber and low in calories.
- These fruits are an excellent source of vitamin C and good sources of potassium, magnesium, and folate.
- They contain numerous plant compounds, like flavonoids and carotenoids, that can help keep you healthy and may reduce the risk of cancer, heart disease, and kidney stones.
- In-season fruit is often less expensive than other fruit and is at peak flavor.
- There are many varieties to try: grapefruit, kumquat, mandarin, ugli fruit, pomelo, Sweetie, and others!
Remember to keep your fruit safe by washing thoroughly before eating. Rinse the fruit in cool water while rubbing briskly to remove dirt and help reduce surface microorganisms.