Boston Police District A-1 provided North End / Waterfront residents an update on recent neighborhood crime incidents, summarized below, at the December 2018 North End Public Safety Meeting.
– 11/26/18 at 2 p.m. (Hanover Street): Taxi driver reports he picked up a fare in New Bedford and drove him to Hanover Street. At this time, the male suspect (white, 5’8″, in his 50s) placed a hard object against his side, robbed the taxi driver of $200 and fled on foot. Suspect was caught on video cashing a check inside a Hanover Street bank that he frequented, and was positively identified by the victim. Suspect to be charged in Boston Municipal court, and a warrant was issued for his arrest.
Aggravated Assaults (3)
– Battery Street: Domestic violence incident resulting in arrest of suspect for assault and battery. [2 Incidents]
– 307 Hanover Street: Delivery driver and employee of a business got into a fight. Suspect pulled a knife on the victim, resulting in his arrest for assault and battery.
Breaking & Entering – Commercial (2)
– Between 11/7/18 at 6 p.m. and 11/8/18 at 11:30 a.m. (Prince Street): Prince Street boutique reports a burglary to the store. The owner stated a leather jacket was taken from a window display, and $100 was stolen from a lock box. No sign of forced entry. Detectives to review video.
– Between 11/10/18 at 5:30 p.m. and 11/12/18 at 9:05 a.m. (Salem Street): Salem Street hair salon reports an unknown person broke into the building. A rear second-floor door was found open, and $32 was removed from the cash drawer. No other property was reported missing. Detectives to follow-up.
– 11/5/18 between 12:30 p.m. and 1:30 p.m. (St. Leonard’s Church): Money (a few hundred dollars) was reported stolen from the collection box.
– 11/17/18 (North Margin Street): Victim reports that a clothing package delivered to her North Margin Street residence had been stolen. Video footage shows a male suspect stealing the package from the front of the building. Detectives to follow-up.
– 11/27/18 between 1 p.m. and 8:30 p.m. (Salem Street): Victim reports packages delivered to her Salem Street residence had been stolen. The stolen items included computer parts and candles.
Larceny from Motor Vehicle (1)
– Between 11/14/18 and 11/20/18 (North Margin Street): Missing items included the car’s registration and business cards.
– Aggravated Assault & Battery (3): The aforementioned aggravated assaults.
– Assault & Battery 209A (2) 11/9/18 (Commercial Street): Domestic violence incident.
– Disorderly (1) North Margin Street: Resident called her family to report a male suspect was up on a ladder, looking into a window in her apartment (12 feet above street-level). Suspect claimed he was smoking a cigarette. He was placed under arrest for disorderly conduct.
David Marx hosts the monthly Public Safety meeting with Boston Police District A-1. North End Public Safety Meetings are held on the first Thursday of the month, 6:00 p.m. at the Nazzaro Center, 30 N. Bennet Street. All are welcome to attend and bring their questions. See the Community Calendar for upcoming meeting dates.