North End Waterfront Health is celebrating Halloween and wishes everyone a fun and safe day! To help ensure adults and children have a safe holiday, the American Academy of Pediatrics has compiled a list of Halloween safety tips. Before Halloween arrives, be sure to choose a costume that won’t cause safety hazards.
- All costumes, wigs, and accessories should be fire-resistant.
- Avoid masks, which can obstruct vision.
- If children are allowed out after dark, fasten reflective tape to their costumes and bags, or give them glow sticks.
- When buying Halloween makeup, make sure it is nontoxic and always test it in a small area first.
- Remove all makeup before children go to bed to prevent skin and eye irritation.
NEW Health held its own Halloween festivities at the health center with costumes and candy. A special shoutout goes to Mike’s Pastry for making a spectacular and delicious cake!