Here are the latest reports from the North End / Waterfront Residents Association (NEWRA) meeting, held on January 12, 2017. View full video coverage and a timeline below:
(Opening) President’s Report by Mary McGee:
- Citing Jason Aluia’s great success with his efforts to save the North End Nursing Home, NEWRA is forming a by-laws committee, headed up by Jason Aluia who will chair the committee.
- FOCCP is working to bring the fireworks back to the waterfront next year, more information to follow in the coming months (next FOCCP meeting is March 7th if interested).
(02:04) Treasurer’s Report
(02:51) Parks and Open Spaces Committee
- Working with the Parks Department to design and install tree cages to the newly planted trees along the North End streets, fundraising efforts will soon be commencing.
- Parks and Open Spaces will not host a February meeting, the next meeting will be March 7th (view community calendar).
(04:51) Zoning, Licensing & Construction Committee
- Next meeting will be January 24, 2016 (view community calendar).
- 173 Endicott Street, 5 story building proposal.
- 266 Commercial Street, Verizon Wireless looking to install communication equipment.
(05:47) Volunteer Organization
- NEWRA is looking for a volunteer who has an idea or design proposal for a new logo, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if interested.
(06:07) Public Safety Report
- Public Safety Chair David Marx presented the latest crime reports from the latest meeting with Boston Police. David also followed up on a question about the 12/24/16, 11:00 am robbery that took place at Citizen’s Bank. The bank was robbed of $1,980 (in various denominations) after a white male, 5′ 9″, age 40’s to 50’s, handed a note to the teller. No weapons were used in the robbery. Details are included in his posted report.