As New Year’s Eve approaches, many of us will consider making resolutions that will help 2016 be the best it can be. Working towards a healthier lifestyle can put us on the right track. With that in mind, we celebrate 365 days of better health with some tips for a “Healthier New Year 2016”:
- Protect yourself and your family from injury and disease by wearing a helmet, using sunscreen, using insect repellent and using seat belts.
- Wash your hands often – with soap and water – to prevent the spread of illness and infection.
- Be smoke-free.
- Be active at least 2 ½ hours a week.
- Get enough sleep; most adults need between 7-8 hours per night.
- Make healthy food choices – eat more fruits and vegetables.
- Drink alcohol in moderation.
- Protect your hearing.
- Call your doctor for regular check-ups; be up to date on your vaccinations.
For more information, visit cdc.gov. Have a healthy and happy New Year!