By all measures, 2015 was another great year for NorthEndWaterfront.com! Site traffic continues to grow and we added over 1,300 posts in the last twelve months. I want to express my sincere appreciation to the dozens of prolific contributors for their thoughtful articles and commentaries this year. In addition, I appreciate the submissions by our terrific community groups, schools, businesses, cultural and health organizations. I am grateful for the work they do on behalf of the neighborhood and for sharing their activities with us here on the site.
The positive response to our call for voluntary contributions made via the Patreon system continues to keep us going. Your ongoing donations help cover our expenses and we value the support by our most loyal readers. (If you care to become a patron now, you can sign up online here.)
Without further adieu, here are the ten most popular posts of 2015:
- Lewis Wharf Developer Launches New Plan for Two Building Hotel, Sailing Center & Waterfront Park (related: Passionate Commenters Speak at Lewis Wharf Public Forum [Video]
- Boston Garden Project Gets Go Ahead for First Phase, Including Supermarket
- Filming with Ben Affleck “Live by Night” in 1920’s North End
- Massive Flooding on Prince and Salem Streets After Water Main Break
- Parking Spot Valentine – It’s Getting Nasty Out There
- Salem Street True Value Hardware Closing After 52 Years
- High Speed Car Rollover on Commercial Street Leaves Two Dead, One Injured
- Christopher Columbus Statue Vandalized with “Black Lives Matter”
- Anthony Petruccelli Resigns State Senate Seat; Special Election Likely
- “King Tide” Brings Record Sea Level Rise to Boston’s Waterfront
Among our photo galleries and videos, these were the most viewed in 2015:
- Big Snow Brings Mountains and Sledding to North End [Photos & Video]
- Battle of the Barges Fireworks Over Boston Harbor (related photos: Fireworks Gallery)
- Night Scenes of the Echelman Sculpture, “As If It Were Already Here” (related: 10 Things)
- Skaters Rejoice at Opening of Lynch Family Skatepark [Photos]
- Amelia the Drone Tours the North End From the Sky
I am always looking for constructive feedback on the site. If you have ideas or interest in writing for NorthEndWaterfront.com, please leave a comment below or contact me.
Thank you to all the contributors and readers of NorthEndWaterfront.com for a great year. Sincere best wishes for a happy and healthy 2016!
Matt Conti, Editor