MassDOT, the State transportation agency, is formally offering the sale of the 2,950 square foot property, known as Parcel 11A. Situated at the corner of Hanover and Cross Streets in front of Mother Anna’s restaurant, Parcel 11A is part of the gateway to Boston’s North End and overlooks the Rose F. Kennedy Greenway. The property is currently an open, outdoor patio space of concrete that during warmer months that had been used by Mother Anna’s restaurant for outdoor seating. The sidewalk that surrounds the property, including the Tony DeMarco statue, will remain as is, and is not included in the sale of the parcel.
Interested bidders must submit proposals to the Massachusetts Realty Group (MRG) by 2:00 p.m. local time on January 21, 2016. The minimum bid amount is $1,600,000.
Notable dates and timeline:
- On-site pre-bid meeting: 2:00 p.m. December 17, 2015
- Written questions are due to MRG by 4:00 p.m. on January 7, 2016
- Bids due at 2:00 p.m. on January 16, 2016
- Closing date shall occur within 100 days of the purchase and sale, by approximately June 3, 2016.
The parcel is being sold in an “as is” condition, and the selected bidder will be required to confirm zoning matters relative to the parcel. Prospective bidders are responsible for investigating utilities, subsurface conditions, and any environmental conditions or hazardous materials. MassDOT hosted an informational meeting in September 2015 before issuing the current RFP.
- Maximum Building Height: 55 feet
- Maximum Floor-Area-Ratio: 4.0
- Local retail
- Local service