Before the first work week starts in 2014, let’s take a quick look back at what happened in 2013 on NorthEndWaterfront.com.
In 2013, this site was visited by 330,646 people (unique visitors) according to Google Analytics. You folks put in over 650,000 visits and served up a whopping 2.3 million page views! On an apples to apples basis, that’s about a 50% increase in traffic over 2012.
Here are the ten most viewed stories of the year:
- Video: Late Night Girly Dirty Deeds in North End
- Young Anthony! in Remake of Prince Spaghetti TV Commercial has North End Connections
- Salem Street Tailor, Vittorio Recupero, Killed by Drunk Driver on I-95
- Billionaire Joe Lewis Docks Super-yacht, Aviva, at Boston Yacht Haven
- Boschetto’s Bakery Closing on Salem Street After 110 Years in North End
- Chicago TV Reporter Tries to Give Away Blackhawks Rally Towels in North End [Video]
- Sons of Italy Pulls Out of North End Columbus Day Parade Saying Revere is More Italian
- Rainbows, Double Rainbows and Full Two-Sided Rainbows!
- North End Man and Homeless Co-Defendant Arrested Following Weekend Robbery Spree
- Piccola Venezia Closes Its Doors on Hanover Street
- North End Flashback: 1970′s Teen Documentary – Part 1 [Video]
Ok, that’s eleven … but it reminds me that I better finishing editing Part 2 of that ’70’s documentary.
We added 1,766 new posts in 2013, up from about 1,500 in the prior year. Photos took center stage in many posts and in case you missed it, check out our video slideshow with the Year 2013 in Photos.
Thank you to all the contributors and readers of NorthEndWaterfront.com for a great year of neighborhood “news & views.” Here’s to an even better 2014!
Matt Conti, Editor