Neighborhood View of the Day:
The scene on the Prado looks a lot different after the recent tree pruning. As shown in this sunset photo, the views are clear and broad once again from Hanover Street past Cyris Dallin’s equestrian Paul Revere Statue to the Old North Church bell tower and spire.
Did you take a cool photo? Have it featured by emailing it to email@example.com.
NEWRA Flash Report:
There were 2 items voted on at Thursday’s 4/11/13 meeting of the North End / Waterfront Residents’ Association (NEWRA).
- At 57 Snow Hill Street, James Ferrera received a vote of 14-13 in support of zoning relief to expand the existing rooftop head house into living space with an outside railing.
- On the 244-246R Hanover Street / 20 Parmenter Street proposal for a new 55′ high 6-story apartment building with 28 units, NEWRA voted 10-16 in opposition of the required zoning relief.
- The renewal of a 7-space parking lot at 181 North Washington Street was tabled until the May meeting to allow time to resolve operational issues and the overcrowding of cars on the sidewalk.
- District 1 City Councilor Sal LaMattina also spoke at the meeting regarding updates on several resident issues.
Full videos and posts will be forthcoming on these items at the NEWRA meeting.
What’s Happening In The North End / Waterfront:
Friday is the last night of North End Restaurant Week. Then, it’s onward to Patriot’s Day weekend, packed with activities. Faneuil Hall has special entertainment and street performers (see the posting). There is the grand opening of a colonial chocolate exhibit at Old North and special events at the Paul Revere House. Plus, don’t forget to come out on Sunday to the Greenway for Daffodil Day (see the flyer).
View the details on upcoming events and meetings in the Events Calendar.
What’s new on the blog:
- Friends of the North End Parks Present a Plan for New Plantings on the Greenway [Video]
- Friends of the North End Library Present 2013 Honorary Friend Award to Al Natale [Photos]
- Marathon Weekend at Faneuil Hall Features Star Street Performers & Musicians
- NEAA Baseball Opening Day Sponsors Needed
- State Representative Aaron Michlewitz Packs The Living Room For Annual Fundraiser [Photos]
- FOCCP President Gives Greenway Conservancy Board Update on Christopher Columbus Park
Your additions and comments are welcome below.