Neighborhood View of the Day:
This is one of my favorites from the blizzard. In the warmer weather, residents bring their coffee to the Harborwalk and sit on these chairs overlooking the harbor at this outlook next to the Boston Sailing Center at Lewis Wharf. Even in the winter, it’s a serene scene and it actually looked like someone sat in one of the chairs.
Did you take a cool photo? Have it featured by submitting it here. Please include a title, date taken and a sentence or two describing the photo. See more neighborhood photos under the “Photos & Videos” menu and view recent photo posts here.
What’s Happening In The North End / Waterfront:
A Kid’s Valentine Day Craft is scheduled at the North End Library for 4:00 pm, but check ahead in case they cancel with the Boston Public Schools schedule.
At 5:30 pm, North End Against Drugs meets at the Nazzaro Center.
At 6:30 pm, the Friends of Christopher Columbus Park have their monthly meeting at the Mariner’s House, 11 North Square.
View the details on upcoming events and meetings in the Events Calendar.
What’s new on the blog:
- Crime Stats Down; Parking Citations Up; Private Details Discussed at North End Public Safety Meeting
- Boston Public Schools Closed Tuesday; Snow Emergency and Parking Ban Continue
- Neighborhood View: St. Valentine’s Bread
- Blizzard Charity Bingo Brings Out a Full House [Photos]
What people are talking about:
- Of course, we love hearing about how much you like the blizzard photo galleries … here
- The VW Bug has a name, Oskar … here
- More on the Chamber … here
- Folks are still doing the Valentine’s Picture Puzzle … here
- Sobering photos … here
- What are the rules on parking space savers … here
- A lovely ladies faux pas … here
Join the discussion. Your comments are highly encouraged!
Your additions and comments are welcome below.