Here is today’s roundup of “news and views” for the North End / Waterfront area.
Neighborhood View of the Day:
Boston Archives posted this as a “mystery photo” yesterday. If you live in or near the North End, you probably recognize the street configuration which has not changed much. If you are stumped, find the location at the bottom of this post.
Did you take a cool photo? Have it featured by submitting it here. Please include a title, date taken and a sentence or two describing the photo. See more neighborhood photos under the “Photos & Videos” menu and view recent photo posts here.
What’s Happening In The North End / Waterfront:
At 6:00 pm, city officials return to present the Bartlett Place design including a pocket park. See the public meeting notice.
View the details on upcoming events and meetings in the Events Calendar.
What’s new on the blog:
- Poll: John Connolly Versus Tom Menino for Boston Mayor
- Boston School Choice Advisory Committee Selects No Zone Home-Based/A Plan
- Local Sequester Impacts [Storify Slideshow]
- Neighborhood Council Hammers Public Works on North End Trash Problems [Video]
- Friends of the North End Library Annual Fundraiser Set for March 7, 2013; Tickets Available
- State Rep. Aaron Michlewitz Appointed Chair of the Joint Committee of Public Service
What people are talking about:
Join the discussion. Your comments are highly encouraged!
Notable News Found Elsewhere:
- Did you watch “Boston Finest” last night on TV? Adam G. gives a review at Universal Hub.
- Paul McMorrow opines on the North Station area as a model for neighborhood building in the Boston Globe.
Your additions and comments are welcome below.
Answer to mystery photo location: Salem Street in Boston’s North End, looking from Cross Street toward Parmenter Street.