What’s Happening In The North End / Waterfront
Start off the year by getting involved in the community! The January 2013 monthly North End Public Safety Meeting with Boston Police District A-1 will be held at 6:30 pm on Thursday night at the Nazzaro Center, 30 N. Bennet Street. All are welcome. (See last months’s report/video.)
It’s cold outside. (I know, that’s not exactly a news flash.) See the No Heat Advisory.
View the details on upcoming events and meetings in the Events Calendar.
What’s new on the blog
- Read a zoning update on three North End variance applications.
- Capturing the fireworks and New Year’s Eve scene … photos!
What people are talking about
- Folks are commenting about the darkness on the Greenway.
- Readers add some interesting notes about an 1899 photo.
- Karen Cord Taylor’s bike column bends some spokes.
- Could there actually be a meeting of the minds between young and old? Maybe, maybe not.
Under the radar
- Time to recycle your Christmas tree! Officially, the first pickup in the North End is Friday, January 11th, but we hear Public Works will pick-up this Friday, January 4th as well. Read more.
Notable News Found Elsewhere
North End Artist-Engineer, Nate Swain, is featured in this Boston.com article.
Susan Danseyar at the Patch catches up with some North End businesses:
- North End Barber Awarded For Best Shave (Firicano’s)
- Getting Some Shade in the North End (Sol Optics)
- A Fixture in the North End (Spagnuolo’s)
The 2013 Boston Wine Festival begins in the last week of January at the Boston Harbor Hotel at Rowes Wharf. See the latest schedule.
Just For Fun
Have you downloaded the January 2013 NEWF Wallpaper?
Are you subscribed to the free NorthEndWaterfront.com newsletter? Sign up here.
Your additions and comments are welcome below.