The location could not be found.
What’s Going On Today:
- The Battle of the Saints gets going at 10:30 am at Langone Park, with participation of the religious feast societies.
- A medical historian talks at the Paul Revere House about Revolutionary War Medicine, starting at 1 pm.
- The closest School Choice community meeting is 10 am on Saturday at the Charlestown High School.
- In case you were wondering, the usual circus elephant lunch on Hanover Street is not happening this year.
The Events Calendar has all the details.
What’s new on the blog:
The latest police blotter with an assault of a parking attendant.
What people are talking about:
Under the radar:
North End Waterfront Health is administering flu shots for all patients (adults and children) by appointment. To schedule an appointment, call 617-643-8000.
Notable News Found Elsewhere:
- Former House Speaker, Sal DiMasi, has sold his Commercial Street condo in the North End, according to Banker & Tradesman (subscription required).
- Citing a “large number” of inmates expected to be released from prison due to tainted drug evidence, Boston Mayor Thomas Menino announced an emergency reentry program that will be launched Friday in an attempt to minimize the potentially disruptive effects on communities. Keep reading. (Thanks to Trish for the heads up on this one.)
Great photos and story from the Dodgers Championship win. See the post.
Neighborhood Photo of the Day:
On the fence at the Puopolo Park baseball field, a Tribute to Andy Puopolo:
Click photo image above to enlarge. Did you take a great photo? Send it in.