Neighborhood View of the Day:
It’s Groundhog Day! Doesn’t this look like a place where a groundhog might hide? It’s actually right here on Copp’s Hill Terrace. “The North End is home to a miniature vertical Boston ivy forest,” says Nate Swain who shares his creative photo.
Did you take a great photo? Email email@example.com to have it featured. Also, see the Neighborhood Photo galleries under the “Photos & Videos” menu and recent photo posts here.
Last chance to Fill Out the Trash & Recycling Survey:
This weekend is your last chance to fill out the North End Trash & Recycling Survey. Do it now and tell the Neighborhood Council what you think! It’s very short, maybe 2 minutes. As they say, “or forever hold your peace.” The results will be discussed at the next NEWNC meeting on Monday, February 11th, 7pm at the Nazzaro Center.Click Here to Take the Trash Survey!
What’s Happening In The North End / Waterfront:
Get physical with Jessica Phalen and join group Pilates at the Quincy Market Upper Rotunda, Saturday at 9:15 am. Free, bring your own mat.
At 10:30 am on Saturday, the North End Library is showing “La Doppia Ora (The Double Hour)” – 25 Parmenter St
View the details on upcoming events and meetings in the Events Calendar.
What people are talking about:
New comments have been added on:
- Local Roots, An Urban Farmers Market, Opens on Hanover Street in North End
- Obituary: Elisa A. “Lisa” (Conte) Limone of Medford, Formerly of the North End
- Greenway Update: Beautiful Horticulture (Just Not in North End) and Non-Public Open Meetings [Video]
- Who Shovels No Man’s Land?
- Neighborhood Spelling Bee Finalists Heading to Regional Finals
Join the discussion. Your comments are highly encouraged!
Notable News Found Elsewhere:
- BostInno’s Steve Annear follows up on Councilor Ayanna Pressley’s efforts to expand the number of liquor licenses in Boston, especially for neighborhoods that currently have very few. Yours truly is also quoted. See the article at BostInno.com.
- Finance Foodie takes some delicious pictures of the CityFeast benefit at Lucia Ristorante. Check it out.
Your additions and comments are welcome below.