North End Waterfront Health is proud to be a part of the health care network that serves half of Boston residents – community health centers. In honor of National Health Center Week, here are a few facts about this vital health care network:
- There are 1,250 Health Centers in all 50 states and US territories that provide care to 20 million people in more than 8,100 communities.
- Health Centers produced more then 189,000 jobs.
- Health Centers are community driven and patient centered.
- Health Centers provide high quality, affordable primary and preventive care as well as mental health and substance abuse services and dental care.
- Health Centers meet or exceed nationally accepted practice standards for treatment of chronic conditions.
- Health Centers are vital mainstays in America’s communities.
- Health Centers produce cost savings for their communities and the nation.
- Health Centers mobilize communities and their people to make health and prevention priorities.
- Health Centers are open to all residents, regardless of insurance status.
For more information on the vital work health centers do across the country or to learn about local health center week events, visit www.healthcenterweek.org.