At its May 11, 2009 meeting, the North End Waterfront Neighborhood Council voted unanimously to support zoning relief at Pagliuca’s Restaurant for a proposed expansion at 14-16 Parmenter Street. Pagliuca’s has applied to the Board of Appeal for an expansion of dining to its basement with 16 seats. The added space will be used to accommodate larger parties and overflow from the first floor dining area. A couple of years ago, Pagliuca’s had received approval to expand to the second floor with 40 seats but due to egress problems decided to not pursue that plan.
Council members inquired about the follow issues which were answered as follows:
- Trash – kept in a separate area
- Previous Basement Use – was half filled in with dirt, now opened up
- Construction is primarily complete except for decorative features
- Bar – The new space will not have a bar, other than a waitress serving area
- Signage – There will be no change to outside signage
A motion to support the proposal was made and seconded. The council voted 7-0 in unanimous support of the proposed expansion.