On May 11, 2009, the North End/Waterfront Neighborhood Council (NEWNC) met for its monthly meeting at the Nazzaro Center. Council members present included Bill Musto (President), Bill Lane (Secretary), Bob DeCristoforo, Anne Devlin Tagliaferro, Stephen Passacantilli, Daniel Petrigno and Marie Simboli. Non-present council members were Marlo Imbergamo, Jay Kublow, Jodi Lanza, Nicholas LaRosa and Vice-President Aaron Michlewitz. Michlewitz is inactive due to his campaign for State Representative.
President Bill Musto introduced the ten candidates that are running for the six open seats on the council and each introduced themselves with a brief statement. All the candidates were present except Jorge Mendoza who was identified as traveling that day.
Musto is not running for another term, but said in a statement, “There are many pressing issues impacting our community, from assaults to greenway development to cuts in city and state services. It is as important as ever to have an active, dedicated council to represent, protect, and enhance our fabulous neighborhood.”
Here are the candidates, in ballot order:
1) David Marx, 2 Thacher Street
2) Jorge Mendoza, 4 Stillman Place
3) Stephen Passacantilli *, 406 Hanover Street
4) Bob DeCristoforo *, 44 Fleet Street
5) Sean O’Connor, 10 Hanover Street
6) Ryan Kenny, 10 Thacher Street
7) Luciana Burdi, 19 Wiget Street
8) Matt Conti, 508 Union Wharf
9) Peter Davidson, 276 Hanover Street
10) Jon Sproul, 3 Lewis Street
The elections on Saturday May 16th. Elections will be at The Nazarro Center on North Bennett Street from 10am until 2pm.
Disclosure: The author of this article is a candidate.