ABCD North End/West End Neighborhood Service Center has an immediate opening for a senior center cook/case manager.
- responsible for assisting with food preparation for the senior program, service, and storage
of nutritious meals and snacks as well as providing case management to clients
- check all incoming food orders against invoices for quantity and quality at the time of delivery
- maintain established standards of sanitation, safety and food preparation
- develop and test recipes and products
- distribute food baskets to clients
- conduct intake process and assist clients in establishing educational and occupational goals
- provide support to clients by identifying support services needed, making appropriate referrals and orienting new clients to referred programs
- perform other related duties as assigned from time to time
- minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent and up to one year of experience
- active ServSafe certification or the ability to obtain a ServSafe certification within the first six months of employment also required
- must have the ability to lift 10-15 pounds
- ability to maintain records and prepare simple written reports
Please note: this position is part-time for fifteen (15) hours per week and the job is located at the ABCD NE/WE NSC at 1 Michelangelo Street in the North End. The schedule is Monday, Wednesday, and Friday 10 a.m. – 3 p.m. Please call Maria Stella Gulla, Director, at 617-523-8125, Ext. 201 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.