North End Against Drugs (NEAD) is happy to announce our annual Michelina & Raymond Costa Scholarship / Educational Fund.
North End residents who are in kindergarten through college are eligible to participate. Students who attend tuition-based schools are eligible for a scholarship. Students who attend public schools are eligible for a $100 Staples gift card.
The winners will be picked in a lottery style drawing at the Nazzaro Center on Monday, May 20, 2019 at 5:45 p.m. There will be a pizza dinner provided for all students and family members who attend the drawing. Anyone interested in donating towards the scholarship fund can contact Olivia Scimeca at (617) 605-6142.
The deadline to apply is Monday, May 13, 2019 at 6 p.m. See below for eligibility requirements and how to apply.
- Applicant must be a North End resident who is attending school (Proof of residency is required. All applicants must provide a letter from the school verifying North End residency and stating they are attending that school in 2019-2020).
- Scholarships are awarded from Kinkergarten through college.
- Scholarships are for the 2019-2020 academic year, and proof of matriculation must be present in order for the NEAD to release funds.
- Tuition-based school winners will receive a check payable to their school. Public school winners will receive a Staples gift card toward school supplies.
- No student can win more than one scholarship per drawing, but he / she is eligible for future drawings.
- The applicant must fill out each applicable box on the application form with their name, address, phone, email, school attending and grade for upcoming school year beginning in September.
- A COMPLETED and SIGNED application along with required letter from school must be submitted by May 13, 2019 at 6 p.m. Late applications will not be considered.
- Please send completed applications to: North End Against Drugs, c/o Nazzaro Center, 30 North Bennet Street, Boston, MA 02113. or drop off in the NEAD mailbox at Nazzaro Center.
Winners or an adult family member are strongly encouraged to be present at time of drawing, which will be held on Monday, May 20 at 5:45 p.m, at Nazzaro Center.