The Greenway Conservancy has announced Summer on Dewey Presented by Citizens Bank, a new partnership to bring greater exposure to the season’s offerings in Dewey Square Park (across from South Station) on The Greenway.
The summer events at Dewey Square kick off July 11 and run through September 30. These include:
- Up to 10 food trucks every weekday from The Greenway’s Mobile Eats Program.
- The new Downeast Back Porch on The Greenway open five days/week, serving craft cider, rotating Massachusetts beers, and wine, accompanied by music and games. (Open Mondays, Wednesdays, & Fridays 4-9p; Saturdays 1-9p; Sundays 1-7p.)
- The Boston Public Market seasonal farmers market with more than a dozen local food proprietors. (Open Tuesdays & Thursdays 11:30a-6:30p.)
- The Boston Calling Block Party with music, beer, wine, and lawn games. (Open Thursdays 5-8p.)
- Artist Shara Hughes’ colorful new mural, Carving Out Fresh Options, on The Greenway Wall. The deCordova Museum and Sculpture Garden, the curatorial partner for the mural, is exhibiting Hughes’ original landscape painting.
- Organically maintained horticulture, lawn, and demonstration garden, as well as varied seating including communal tables and iconic red Adirondack chairs.