Boston Police District A-1 provided North End / Waterfront residents an update on recent neighborhood crime incidents, summarized below, at the July 2018 North End Public Safety Meeting.
Crime in District A-1 is down 2% YTD.
Robberies – Business (1)
– 6/27/18 at 10:20 p.m. (38 Cooper Street – Venice Convenience Store): The store was robbed at gunpoint. Suspect was described as black, 5’8″ to 5’10” and wearing all black clothes. He was seen carrying a purple backpack as he fled towards Salem Street.
Breaking & Entering – Residence (2)
– 6/14/18 between 6:30 a.m. and 7:00 p.m. (6 Unity Street): Unity Street resident reported an unknown person forced open the front door of his apartment. Victim stated an Xbox1, a Link Modem and a Coast Guard ring were stolen from the apartment. Front door of the apartment was removed from its hinges.
– 7/2/18 between 8:25 a.m. and 5:45 p.m. (7 Jackson Avenue): Jackson Avenue resident reported friends were staying in their home and had gone out for the day. When they returned that evening, there was damage to the rear sliding door and a bathroom window. Removed from the home were two iPads, a Kindle, jewelry, a Playstation 4, a wallet with bank/credit cards, a backpack and a pair of Beats headphones.
Breaking & Entering – Commercial (2)
– Between 6/23/18 (6:50 p.m.) and 6/25/18 (9:00 a.m.) – 26 Parmenter Street (Del Ara Salon): Cash and hair cutting supplies were taken.
– 6/30/18 at 1:17 a.m. (Salem Street and Baldwin Place – Ensemble): Broken glass and a blood trail were found. Suspect was located, with blood on him and injuries. Suspect had already broken into a place in Beacon Hill earlier that evening. Suspect was arrested for breaking & entering.
– 6/11/18: Bike that was locked to a post on Hanover Street was stolen.
– 6/15/18: Same as above.
– Checks were stolen, with money being scammed out of bank accounts.
– 24 Hanover Avenue: Two packages were stolen (fishing equipment).
– 6/17/18 at 4:26 p.m. (342 Hanover Street – 7-Eleven): Victim reported while inside a Hanover Street market, he put his Android tablet on the counter while making a purchase. Victim turned to leave the store and realized the tablet was gone. Security footage to be reviewed.
– 70 Fulton Street: Some medications were stolen.
– 218 Hanover Street (CVS): Shoplifter was confronted by store clerk and fled the store. Suspect was ultimately arrested for shoplifting.
– 89 Commercial Wharf: A handbag and a bottle of wine were stolen.
Larceny from Motor Vehicle (1)
– 23 Clark Street: Laptop in back seat of vehicle was stolen. No sign of forced entry.
– Operating Under the Influence (OUI): 6/16/18 at 12:15 a.m. (81 Prince Street) – Police Officers responded to a large party at a Prince Street apartment that was being rented through AirBnB (via Booking.com). Officers cleared the party and the party goers were standing in the street blocking traffic and causing a large scene. At this time, a male suspect was smoking marijuana and refused to cease doing so. The suspect entered a Toyota Camry and attempted to drive away while smoking. He was stopped by officers and arrested for OUI (Drugs) and Disorderly Conduct.
FYI: Attempts were made by a suspect-at-large to use a stolen credit card to rent the apartment for this occasion. The push locks were locked, as a result. Upon arrival, the push locks were dismantled, allowing entry to said apartment. The crowd of people present had been brought back from a club.
– Shoplifting: Aforementioned CVS incident.
– Breaking & Entering: Aforementioned Baldwin Place incident.
Note: There will be no August Public Safety meeting. The next meeting is Thursday, September 6.
David Marx hosts the monthly Public Safety meeting with Boston Police District A-1. North End Public Safety Meetings are held on the first Thursday of the month, 6:00 p.m. at the Nazzaro Center, 30 N. Bennet Street. All are welcome to attend and bring their questions. See the Community Calendar for upcoming meeting dates.