The following meeting reports are from the November 2015 public safety meeting, held monthly at the Nazzaro Center. The information was presented from Area A-1 Boston Police, covering the last 30 days.
– Year to date city-wide crime is down 10%
– Crime is down 17% in District A-1
– 10/19: Cross & Hanover Street – gun held to victim’s neck, suspect made off with $50.
– 10/19: 271 North Street – $60 and credit cards were stolen.
*Suspects were identified by both victims and were arrested (they had taken a cab down here from Lawrence, MA; 1 suspect had a warrant out for his arrest). See separate article here.
1 Residential Breaking & Entering
– 59 Endicott Street: domestic violence incident (suspect charged with malicious destruction of property and disturbing the peace).
1 Auto Theft
– 455 Commercial Street: 1997 Toyota Avalon stolen on October 7th between 2:00pm & 8:00pm.
– Golden Goose Market (179 Commercial Street): computer equipment and sandwiches were stolen.
– 135 Salem Street / Prince Street: package with clothes and shoes was stolen; made suspect was arrested (at BPD’s request) by Chelsea police at Faneuil Hall.
– 10/17 at 8:30pm at 300 Hanover Street: wallet was taken from Mike’s Pastry.
– 10/26: 149 North Street; bike stolen from bike rack.
– Commercial Wharf: copper piping was stolen.
4 Larcenies from Motor Vehicle
– 5 North Square
– Hanover & North Bennet Street
– 244 Hanover Street
– Prince Street
– 3 for robberies.
– 2 for assault and battery (domestic violence-related).
– 1 for breaking & entering.
– Greenway Parks will be closed between 11:00pm and 7:00am. Signs are being posted.
– Loud party calls to 911 in North End: 21 Endicott Street, 443 Hanover Street & North Street.