The North End / Waterfront Neighborhood Council (NEWNC) held its September monthly meeting on September 11, 2017. The meeting featured a series of local announcements. Follow along the above video with this timeline and summary.
Welcome and Introduction (00:00 in video)
President’s Report by John Pregmon (01:30)
- North End Against Drugs Family Pride Day on Sunday, September 17th. See the post.
- NEMPAC Autumn Jazz Soiree on the Prado, 6pm-9pm – A special fundraiser on the Paul Revere Mall outside NEMPAC’s studios. Get tickets and more information.
- Columbus Day Reception on October 6th, 6pm at the Long Wharf Marriott Hotel (Harborview Room) honoring Sal DiMasi and Sal LaMattina. Ticket information here.
- More events on the NorthEndWaterfront.com Community Calendar.
North End Youth Hockey Program – Daniel Toscano (04:00)
Registration will be starting soon for the program in November for 15 Saturday morning sessions. More information will be distributed when the schedule if finalized. Contact Dan at 617-391-9450 with questions. Forty youths will be playing this year.
Parking and Traffic Committee – John Pregmon for Danielle D’Ambrosio (07:40)
Public Safety Committee – Tania Green (08:20)
Greenway Committee – John Pregmon reviewed upcoming activities (12:30)
Mayor’s Office of Neighborhood Services – Maria Lanza (13:30)
- Paving alert for Commercial Street and Causeway Street See the post.
- Highlighting 311 for city services. You can call 311, go to the 311 website, tweet at 311, or download the app.
- Polling location change from Knights of Columbus to Casa Maria Apartments. See the post.
- Mayor’s Youth Council is taking applications, grades 9-12. See boston.gov/bcyf.
Office of City Councilor At Large Annissa Essabi-George – Alana Olsen(18:40)
- Early education initiatives
- Needle program
Office of State Representative Aaron Michlewitz – Patrick Lyons (21:30)
- While the State Rep. is out of the country on his honeymoon, staff is available to address issues.