Boston Police District A-1 provided an update on recent neighborhood crime incidents, summarized below, at the May 2016 North End Public Safety Meeting. The figures below cover the last 30 days period.
Part 1 Crime:
- City-wide year-to-date: Down 1%.
- District A-1 year-to-date: Down 5%.
- Larcenies, Auto Thefts, Larcenies from Motor Vehicles & Robberies: The reported # of incidents is down this year.
- 4/11/16 @ 1.30pm @ 22 Hanover Ave.: 3 male suspects allegedly stole a package. 3 males matching the descriptions of the suspects were stopped by the police @ North Square, all of whom became nervous when asked by the police if they had stolen the package (they denied committing the crime). The UPC code / invoice was matched with the stolen $250 shirt. A 15-yr.-old male suspect was arrested.
- 4/21/16 @ 10.30pm @ 435 Hanover St.: Some of a female victim’s clothing was allegedly stolen by her female roommate
Larceny from MV (1)
- 4/28/16 @ 5.30pm @ 1 Stillman St.: Victim reported her 2005 Jeep was ransacked. 3 handicap placards were stolen.
- 4/11/16: Aforementioned package theft.
- 4/18/16 @ 12.53pm @ 443 Hanover St.: Police Officers responded to a loud roof deck party. On arrival there were numerous Suffolk University students in attendance. One male tenant was issued a violation for Keeper of a Disorderly house and a 22-yr.-old female tenant was arrested for Disturbing the Peace, Disorderly Conduct, Resisting Arrest and Assault & Battery on a police officer. The Dean’s Office @ Suffolk University was to be notified about the incident.
*Bova’s Bakery now has a security detail on Friday and Saturday nights from 10.00pm – 6.00am (as well as on Sunday nights that precede a Monday holiday).
North End Public Safety meetings are held on the first Thursday of the month, 6:00 p.m., at the Nazzaro Community Center, 30 N. Bennet Street. All are welcome!