The North End/Waterfront Neighborhood Council (NEWNC) is holding its Annual Election on Saturday, May 16, 2015, 10:00 am – 2:00 pm at the Nazzaro Community Center, 30 N. Bennet Street, North End, Boston.
- All North End / Waterfront residents, age 18 and older, are eligible to run for one of the 6 seats to be filled in this year’s election.
- Nomination forms can be picked up at the front desk of the Nazzaro Center beginning April 20, 2015.
- Completed nomination forms are due on Monday, May 4, 2015 at 5:00 PM at the Nazzaro Center.
- The nomination forms MUST have at least 40 signatures from North End / Waterfront residents (Ward 3, Precincts 1, 2, 3, and 4), 18 years or older.
- Qualified candidates will be invited to introduce themselves to the neighborhood at Candidate’s Night, which will be held on Monday, May 11th, during NEWNC’s May monthly meeting.
About the North End / Waterfront Neighborhood Council (NEWNC)
NEWNC was created in 1985 by the Mayor’s Office in an effort to increase communication between the neighborhoods and city agencies. NEWNC is comprised of twelve North End/Waterfront residents who serve as an advisory board to the City of Boston in municipal affairs. Council members are elected to a two-year term and terms are staggered so that six seats are filled each year. The Council meets on the second Monday of each month at 6 PM in the Nazzaro Center, 30 North Bennet Street. Service on the North End Waterfront Neighborhood Council requires attendance at least two community meetings per month, generally beginning at 6 PM and ending before 9 PM. For more information visit our website www.newncboston.org
Video: Election announcement at the April 9, 2015 NEWNC Meeting