The Greenway Conservancy held a community meeting on March 12th regarding horticulture and infrastructure initiatives in the two North End parks. The highlight was a presentation by landscape designer, Lynden B. Miller, with her vision for revamping the plantings in the parks. Staff also reviewed needed improvements regarding benches, lighting and shade. An extensive community discussion also took place with many questions including funding and timing for the proposed changes.
- 00:00 Greenway Conservancy Executive Director, Jesse Brackenbury reviews progress from last year’s workshop
- 09:00 Stu Shillaber, Superintendent of Horticulture – Spring 2014 plans for the pergola planting beds and boxwood beds
- 27:20 Linda Jonash, Dir. of Planning and Design – Boxwood Beds: Design Approach & Introduction of Lynden B. Miller
- 30:00 Lynden B. Miller, New York landscape architect; horticulture consultant to the Greenway Conservancy – Overview of 4-season planting concepts regarding height, textures, entrances and existing conditions
- 39:00 Seating enhancements including replacing the benches and potential park furniture ideas, such as bench swings from the pergola
- 42:00 Conclusion by Greenway Conservancy
- 43:30 Public Questions and Comments