The North End Chamber of Commerce (NECC) hosted its first major meeting of the year and introduced a new slate of 2013 officers and board members. The NECC meeting was held on Tuesday, June 4, 2013 at the Saint Leonard Parish Hall.
(00:00 in video) New NECC President Donna Freni welcomed the business community and announced that Chamber meetings will be held on the first Tuesday of each month, 3:30 pm at Saint Leonard Parish Hall. The NECC will also establish a staffed office at 256 Hanover Street, Suite 8 (Phone: 617-227-2452).
(07:00) Vice President Toni Gilardi introduced the new officers and board members, all of whom are volunteers.
(09:30) In addition to a Treasurer’s report, Chris Young announced a clean-up pilot program and plans for a fundraising drive, titled “Pot of Gold.” A membership campaign will also reach out to neighborhood businesses. There are currently 160 NECC members.
(14:30) Vice President Josh Resnek spoke about plans for promoting the North End through taxi tops, television and a Hanover Street kiosk.
- (19:00) Comcast TV advertising opportunities
- (23:00) Taxi Tops promotion by Overdrive Media
(28:15) Plans to update the NECC website by VP Josh Resnek and Board Member Jose Duarte
(29:30) Board Member and Legal Counsel Bill Ferullo explained the mission of the NECC.
(38:30) An open discussion included comments by Chairman Frank DePasquale (41:30) and City Councilor Sal LaMattina (53:15) on relevant business issues including competition from the Seaport, moratoriums, parking, restrictions, valets and franchise/chain openings in the neighborhood.
North End Chamber of Commerce 2013 Officers
- Chairman – Frank DePasquale, DePasquale Ventures
- President – Donna Freni, Sysco Boston, LLC
- 1st Vice President – Josh Resnek, GlobeX Services & Solutions, LLC
- 2nd Vice President – Toni Gilardi (NEWNC Liaison), Elite Boston Landmark Realty
- 3rd Vice President – Phil Orlandella, Regional Review
- Treasurer – Christopher Young, MSA Mortgage
- Secretary – Ron LeDuc, DePasquale Ventures
- Recorder – Tara Shea, Cocoanuts
Additional 2013 NECC Board Members:
- Gerald Riccio, Gennaro’s 5 North Square
- Miguel Gomez-Ibanez, North Bennet Street School
- Lina Buttiri, Century Bank
- Salvatore DiGirolamo, The Wild Duck Wine & Spirits
- Jose Duarte, Taranta
- Guy Martignetti, Salumeria Italiana
- Joe Bono, Al Dente & Benevento’s
- Damien DiPaola, Carmelina’s & Vito’s
- Bill Ferullo, Law Offices of William G. Ferullo
Legal Counsel – Bill Ferullo
Chaplain – Father Antonio Nardoianni
View the above video for the complete presentations and discussion at the meeting.