All North End / Waterfront residents are encouraged to vote in Saturday’s election for North End / Waterfront Neighborhood Council (NEWNC). The poll is open from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm at the Nazzaro Community Center, 30 N. Bennet Street.
There are nine people running for six open seats. You do not need to be registered to vote. Just bring your proof of your North End / Waterfront address (Ward 3, Precincts 1, 2, 3, 4 & 6). Your vote counts!
It’s an annual favorite – the book, CD and DVD sale to benefit the Friends of the North End Branch Library.
The sale is on the sidewalk outside the North End Library, 25 Parmenter St., from 10:00 am to 3:00 pm. See the flyer.
Saturday from 12pm-6pm is a big day for the weekend photography festival, Flash Forward, at the Fairmont Battery Wharf Hotel (Commercial & Battery Streets). It’s free and open to the public. There are galleries, panels and lectures featuring emerging photographers from Canada, the UK and US. See the schedule.
View the details on upcoming events and meetings in the Events Calendar.
Colonial Basket Weaving at the Paul Revere House
Rather than in plastic bags or cardboard boxes, colonists stored cheese, chickens, and candles in specially designed baskets. Fred Lawson weaves and sells reproductions copied from period originals. Paul Revere House, North Square, 1:00 – 4:00 (North End residents admitted free.)
New on the Blog:
- Capital Plan Designates $39.1 Million for New and Expanded North End Schools
- North End’s Aaron Michlewitz to Endorse Charlotte Golar Richie in Race for Mayor
- NY Times Profiles Elena Barbera, Climbing for a Cause
- Considering Real Estate Value on the Waterfront
- Police Blotter: Quiet Week in the North End / Waterfront
- Oops … Stop Work Order at 115 Salem Street for Rigoletto Cafe, Formerly Sapori di Napoli
- Rescued Puppy Adoption Opportunity
- Neighborhood Photo of the Day: Peace to All From Saint John School
Notable News Found Elsewhere:
- Vivien Li: Harbor-link Gardens on Old Northern Avenue Bridge … TBHA.org
- Map tag disses Mitt Romney’s ex-campaign HQ in N. End … Boston Herald
- The art of the craftsman at North Bennet Street School exhibit … Boston.com
Click for weather forecast
Did we miss an event or news? Your comments are welcome below.