Neighborhood View of the Day:
Yes, there are signs of spring as shown here along the Greenway Wharf District Parks in a photo titled “Greenway Colors on Easter Sunday” by Dr. Joe Mendola.
Did you take a cool photo? Have it featured by emailing it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a title, date taken and a sentence or two describing the photo.
What’s Happening In The North End / Waterfront:
- At 6:00 pm, the Greenway Conservancy is hosting a North End Parks Community Workshop at the Fairmont Battery Wharf Hotel in the Captain William Sturgis Room (3 Battery Wharf).
- At 7:00 pm, NEWRA holds its month Parks & Open Space Committee meeting at the Nazzaro Center.
- Mayor Menino has declared Tuesday, April 2nd as “Autism Awareness Day” in the City of Boston asking property owners to light their buildings blue as part of a global initiative to kick-off Autism Awareness Month. For more information on how to participate, visit LightItUpBlue.org.
- Street sweeping in the North End did not get off to such a good start in March with the weekly snow storms. Now in April, it’s back to the regular schedule. New streets added this year include Battery, Clark, Cross, Garden Ct., Moon and Stillman Streets. Register for Alerts »
View the details on upcoming events and meetings in the Events Calendar.
What’s new on the blog:
- NEAD Easter Party & Puppet Show Photos
- North Street Callahan Tunnel Vent Building Work to Begin in Mid-April 2013
- After a North End Weekend, Wild Turkey Heads Downtown
- Downtown View: Josh Dawson
- Jigsaw Picture Puzzle: A Polcari’s Coffee Evening
What people are talking about:
- Talking about the vent building work and the High Voltage tot lot … here
- Remembering Blanca … here
- Those helicopter blades keep turning … here
Join the discussion. Your comments are highly encouraged!
Notable News Found Elsewhere:
- City Councilors Felix Arroyo and Matt O’Malley want to bring “Curbside Composting” to Boston. Read more at the Metro.
- The City of Boston is looking for Poll Workers for upcoming elections. More at cityofboston.gov.
- This week’s St. Leonard’s Church bulletin. Read more.
Your additions and comments are welcome below.