Neighborhood View of the Day:
One of the great things about the hometown Boston Marathon runners is their enthusiasm for their cause and their challenge. North Ender Maria Shea exemplifies that as she takes on the 117th Boston Marathon at age 49 to raise money for The Red Sox Foundation in the name of the late Rosanne Ameno and others who have lost their battle against cancer. In February, she hosted Blizzard Charity Bingo for her charity and has been documenting the journey on her North End Mom blog. You can donate on Maria’s Marathon page and track her progress on Monday at BAA.org by her bib number: 22956.
Did you take a cool photo? Have it featured by emailing it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
What’s Happening In the North End / Waterfront:
Paul Revere’s Ride will be re-enacted on Hanover Street adjacent to the Prado at 10:00 am. See the event post.
View the details on upcoming events and meetings in the Events Calendar.
New on the Blog:
- Lighting of the Lanterns – The Regulars Are Out! [Video]
- 1st Annual Daffodil Day on the North End Parks Celebrates Spring [Photos]
- Jigsaw Picture Puzzle: Labyrinth Fountain and Abstract Sculpture
- Skateboarder Assaults Greenway Staff on North End Parks
- NEMPAC Studios Receive Spring Cleaning and Fresh Paint Job
- Last Chance for Tickets – Dare to Dream Auction & Gala to Benefit St. John School on April 26, 2013
People are Talking:
Join the discussion. Your comments are highly encouraged!
Notable News Found Elsewhere:
La Summa featured on Boston’s Hidden Restaurants.
Your additions and comments are welcome below.
One Reply to “Monday 4/15/13 News & Views: Patriot’s Day, Paul Revere’s Ride Re-enactment, Marathon Monday”
Comments are closed.