Neighborhood View of the Day:
“Spring has arrived” is the title that Sal Lopilato gives this terrific photo of pansies blooming in the North End with the Zakim Bridge in the background amid the orange glow of the fading sun.
Did you take a cool photo? Have it featured by emailing it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
What’s Happening on Sunday in the North End / Waterfront:
- Sunday is “Daffodil Day” at the North End Parks on the Greenway. Join the fun from 12 noon to 3:00 pm. Free and open to the public. See the flyer.
- From 1pm-4pm, the Paul Revere House features the poetry of Henry Wadsworth Longfellow reviving the legacy of “the midnight ride of Paul Revere.”
- At 6:30 pm, the First Michigan Fife & Drum Corps will perform on the Prado – Paul Revere Mall.
- At 8:00 pm, Old North’s famous Lantern Ceremony takes place. This year’s featured speaker is Dr. Jill Lapore, professor of American history at Harvard and a contributing writer at the New Yorker. Check at the gift shop for any remaining tickets.
View the details on upcoming events and meetings in the Events Calendar.
What’s new on the blog:
- Councilor Sal LaMattina Gives Updates on Noise Enforcement, Cross Street Plaza, Acorn Lighting on Salem Street, North Square Redesign and Resignation of Stephen Passacantilli
- North End Kids Making a Splash at Boston Chinatown Neighborhood Center
- NEAD 2013 Scholarship Applications Now Available
- Monica’s Mercato Expansion Now Open on Salem Street
- Patriot’s Day Re-enactment of Paul Revere’s Ride in North End on Monday, April 15, 2013
Join the discussion. Your comments are highly encouraged!
Notable News Found Elsewhere:
- Boston 1775 runs down a slew of Patriot’s Day activities in This Week in the North End.
- The Boston Harbor Association (TBHA) raised over $220,000 at last week’s 40th Anniversary Celebration and Auction. There are still auction items available online at “buy-now” prices significantly lower than retail. Check them out at www.biddingforgood.com/tbha.
Your additions and comments are welcome below.