Neighborhood View of the Day
The Hard Rock Café held a fundraiser for the St. John’s School in the North End. Donations were greater than $20,000. Shown in front: Nicholas Seaver (in red) and John Paul Giorgio. Shown in back from the left: Sarah Knotts, guitar teacher, Al Lindquist, General Manager of Hard Rock, David Fair, Caroline Roman and Councilor Sal LaMattina. Photo submitted by Stephen Passacantilli.
Did you take a cool photo? Have it featured by submitting it here. Please include a title, date taken and a sentence or two describing the photo. See more neighborhood photos under the “Photos & Videos” menu and view recent photo posts here.
What’s Happening In The North End / Waterfront on Saturday
- At 11:00 am, it is the Creature from the Black Lagoon at the North End Library, 25 Parmenter St. followed by Dracula at 1:00 pm.
- Reenactments of the Boston Massacre happen at the Old State House. Little Redcoats and Bostonians happens at 11:00 am and 2:00 pm. The bloodier version happens at 7:00 pm. Judge for yourself if the soldiers fired into the crowd in self-defense or murder?!? Free, in front of the Old State House.
- If you have tickets to the Old North Gala Fundraiser at 6:30pm, have fun at the Coast Guard Station.
View the details on upcoming events and meetings in the Events Calendar.
What’s new on the blog
- Bartlett Place “Pocket Park” Redesign Gets Thumbs Up at Public Meeting [Video]
- North End Photographer, Lucie Wicker, Opening Show Event at Lululemon Athletica on March 3rd
- Dare to Dream Auction & Gala to Benefit St. John School on April 26, 2013
- Possible Cross Street Development and Plaza Improvements
- March 2013 NEWF Wallpaper Calendar
What people are talking about
- The design improvements agreed upon for Bartlett Place … here
- What’s going on at 585 Commercial … here
- Segways! … here
Join the discussion. Your comments are highly encouraged!
Your additions and comments are welcome below.