Neighborhood View of the Day:
Say hello to Savannah Guthrie and Matt Lauer as they host NBC’s Today Show on Friday morning, 6:30am-9:00am from Faneuil Hall Marketplace. Bruce McCue sends in this photo saying, “Time to get your ‘Hi Mom’ sign ready.”
Did you take a cool photo? Have it featured by submitting it here. Please include a title, date taken and a sentence or two describing the photo. See more neighborhood photos under the “Photos & Videos” menu and view recent photo posts here.
NEWRA Flash Vote Report From Thursday’s 2/14 Meeting:
- 1-3 Lewis Street, Alvaro Sandoval, new Mexican restaurant take out license – Vote: 23-6, NEWRA Supports
- Gennaro’s 5 North Square, All-alcohol license upgrade – Vote: 8-21, NEWRA Opposes
- 420 Commercial St., Frances Lauria, Segway zoning – Vote: 7-22, NEWRA Opposes
What’s Happening In The North End / Waterfront:
Once you get your morning fill at the Today Show taping, rest up for NEMPAC’s “Amore” opera concert at the Old North Church starting at 7:30 pm.
View the details on upcoming events and meetings in the Events Calendar.
What’s new on the blog:
- Boston Police District A-1 Speak to Residents’ Association on Quality of Life and Licensing Issues
- Spring Cleaning Time in the North End to Benefit the St. Francis House
- Old North Gala Re-Scheduled for March 2nd
- Valentine’s Day Event Reminder! “AMORE” Opera Concert Friday 2/15 – 7:30 p.m.
- RESCHEDULED TO 2/25/13 – North End / Waterfront Neighborhood Council (NEWNC) Meeting Agenda
What people are talking about:
- More on crime stats and parking citations … here
- Some back and forth on Next Phase Trash … here
- Nick’s Tavern … here
- Barlett Place redesign … here
Join the discussion. Your comments are highly encouraged!
Your additions and comments are welcome below.