Here is what happened at Thursday night’s meeting of the North End / Waterfront Residents’ Association (NEWRA):
- Marie Simboli was elected Sergeant at Arms.
- Joanne Hayes-Rines presented the circle project on behalf of Friends of Christopher Columbus Park.
- 115A Salem St. – NEWRA voted 24-4 to support the Malt and Wine with Liqueurs license transfer from the owner of “Sapori di Napoli” to a new operator for a cafe/sandwich shop called “Rigoletto.”
- 7 Baldwin Pl. – NEWRA listened to an update by Attorney Daniel Toscano and property owner Anthony Bova on plans to add a 5th floor addition. The owner is still negotiating with an abutter, so no vote was taken. Previously, NEWRA rescinded its support for the project because no resolution was at hand with the Noyes Place abutter.
- Greenway Carousel – A representative from the Greenway Conservancy presented an update on the progress of the custom carousel that is due to start construction on Parcel 14.
- Art in the Gassy – NEWRA voted 28-1 to support a proposal by Nathan Swain to create a mural on the walls of “The Flights” in DeFilippo Playground (“The Gassy”) on Prince Street.
Meeting videos and reports are forthcoming.