The North End Music and Performing Arts Center (NEMPAC) hosted their 2nd annual Hoot and Howl Halloween themed costume party fundraiser at Filippo’s on Friday night.
The evening included a very competitive costume contest. Celebrity judges included:
- State Rep. Aaron Michelwitz
- City Councillor Sal LaMattina
- Eliot Principal Traci Walker Griffith
- North End Athletic Association’s Coach Dom escorted by two Celtics Cheerleaders (although they stood him up)
- North End personality and resident paparazzi Michelle Morgan
The costume contest winners:
- Most Creative: Amy Beaudoin as Medusa
- Best Couple: Chad and Nichola Wolfson
- Best North End Theme: Jodi Piazza (for 2nd year in a row) as a North End shopper
- Best Boston Sports Theme: Casey Criag as a blind referee
- Best in Show: Lawrence Furey as Beetle Juice
NEMPAC currently sees approximately 330 students per week out of it’s 800 square foot facility on the Prado, and borrowed space all over the North End and beyond. Community partners who loan NEMPAC space were recognized and thanked at the event. These partners include: The Old North Church, Boston Harbor Community Church, Lincoln Wharf, The Eliot School, The Nazzaro Center, ABCD, and City Lights.
NEMPAC’s mission is to provide affordable arts related programming to the North End Waterfront and surrounding communities. Tuition and fees cover approximately 75% of the organization’s yearly expenses. The remainder is secured thru fundraising efforts by NEMPAC’s board, administration, and instructors. THANK YOU to everyone who came out and supported NEMPAC at it’s 2nd annual Hoot and Howl!
Photos by Stefanie Klavens. Click thumbnails to enlarge photos.