Like a houseguest that was fun the first few days, but doesn’t seem to leave, “The Town” movie production will be filming again in the North End from October 20th through the 26rd. Below is the letter with street closings that is being handed out.
In case you missed it, here’s a link to the Herald article that said, “The city collected a meager $200 bucks for a road-closure fee to shut down the North Washington Street Bridge for several hours so Ben Affleck could film “The Town.” The resident that sent me that article said they would have paid them $200 to keep it open!
NOTE REVISED FILMING DATES AS OF SUNDAY OCT 18th
Neale Fishback has replaced Patrick Mignano as location manager (Patrick has began another project in California). Call his cell phone with any questions, comments or problems at 617-875-1464.
Letter to North End Residents and Businesses:
October 18, 2009
As many of you know, Charlestown Productions/Warner Bros has been shooting the feature film entitled, “The Town” in the North End. “The Town” is an action/drama starring Ben Affleck, Jon Hamm and Blake Lively and is directed by Ben Affleck. The story details the lives of a crew of Charlestown bank robbers and the complications stemming from their livelihood and its effect on their personal lives.
The purpose of this letter is to notify North End residents and merchants of our proposed filming activities for the duration of our work in the North End.
– MONDAY, OCT 19th – NO FILMING IN THE NORTH END. (FOSTER STREET WORK POSTPONED DUE TO WEATHER).
– TUESDAY, OCT 20th – Approximately 9a to 3p Commercial St. between Henchman St and Hull St; and on Charter St between Unity St and Foster St from approximately 3p to 6p
– WEDNESDAY, OCT 21st – Approximately 6a to 6p at Pizzeria Regina (11 /12 Thacher St)
– THURSDAY, OCT 22nd – Approximately 6a to 6p Foster St at Commercial St.
– FRIDAY, OCT 23rd – Approximately 6a to 11a Foster St at Commercial St; Approximately 11a to 2p at Prince St between Hanover St and Salem St; Approximately 2p to 6p at Salem St and Parmenter St.
– MONDAY, OCT 26th – TBD (North End location)
THERE WILL BE REPLACEMENT PARKING AVAILABLE FOR THE NUMBER OF SPACES TAKEN UP BY THE PRODUCTION. REPLACEMENT PARKING IS IN THE PARCEL 7 PARKING GARAGE LOCATED AT 136 BLACKSTONE STREET. ENTRANCE ON NEW SUDBURY STREET.
TO RECEIVE A PARKING COUPON FOR PARCEL 7, PLEASE CONTACT THE PERSON LISTED BELOW. YOU MUST EITHER SHOW HIM YOUR DRIVER’S LICENSE WITH A NORTH END ADDRESS OR YOUR NORTH END PARKING STICKER ON YOUR VEHICLE.
DAVID MARKS (617) 416-6131 – CALL FROM 10:00 AM TO 8:00 PM
COUPONS ARE ON A FIRST COME, FIRST SERVED BASIS. ONCE THE ALOTMENT FOR EACH LOCATION IS FILLED, THERE ARE NO MORE COUPONS.
Key Assistant Location Manager
Charlestown Productions LLC
(617) 875-1464 cell