Below is the construction look ahead for the North Washington Street Bridge Replacement Project as provided by the Massachusetts Department of Transportation (MassDOT) for December 1 – December 14.
- N. Washington Street Inbound: Off-peak daytime lane reductions across the bridge and additional lane reductions at Keany Square will continue. One lane across the bridge and all turn movements will be available from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. on weekdays and overnight on 12/4 and 12/11.
- N. Washington Street Outbound: Off-peak daytime lane reductions will continue across the bridge to City Square. One lane across the bridge and all turn movements will be available from 7 a.m. – 2 p.m. on weekdays and weekends.
Description of Scheduled Work
- Construction of the temporary pedestrian and vehicle bridge and utility bridge continues including installation, assembly, and welding of bridge spans and supports.
- Utility work by Eversource and National Grid includes running cables underground and transferring gas and electric lines to pipes and cables running on the temporary utility bridge.
- Daytime (6 a.m. – 4 p.m.) on weekdays weekdays and weekends and overnight (9 p.m. – 7 a.m.) on 12/4 and 12/11.
Contact NorthWashingtonStreet@dot.state.ma.us with any questions or concerns.