Below is the construction look ahead for the North Washington Street Bridge Replacement Project as provided by the Massachusetts Department of Transportation (MassDOT) for November 3 – November 16.
- N. Washington Street Inbound: Off-peak daytime lane reductions will continue across the bridge to Keany Square. One of two lanes and all turn movements will be available from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. on weekdays and overnight on 11/2, 11/5, 11/8, 11/9, 11/12, 11/13, and 11/15.
- N. Washington Street Outbound: Off-peak daytime lane reductions will continue across the bridge to City Square. One of two lanes open and all turn movements will be available from 7 a.m.– 2 p.m. on weekdays and Saturdays.
- Orange Line Service Changes: Beginning Fridays at 8:45 p.m., MBTA bus shuttle service over the North Washington Street Bridge will continue to replace Orange Line service between Sullivan Square and Haymarket. For more information about the Orange Line Service Changes, please visit the MBTA website.
- Charles River Dam Pedestrian Walkway Closure: On Monday morning, November 4, 2019, the pedestrian walkway over the Department of Conservation and Recreation (DCR)-controlled Charles River Dam locks will close for necessary maintenance at the DCR facility. The walkway will reopen on Thursday evening, November 7, 2019.
Description of Scheduled Work
- Construction of bridge spans and supports for the temporary pedestrian and vehicle bridge and utility bridge including installation of bridge spans and supports, welding, and excavation at the north and south ends of the bridge.
- Utility work includes running cables underground and installing conduits and gas and water pipes.
- Daytime (6 a.m. – 4 p.m.) on weekdays and Saturdays and overnight (9 p.m. – 7 a.m.) on 11/2, 11/3, 11/5, 11/8, 11/9, 11/12, 11/13, and 11/15.
- No work will occur on Monday, November 11 in observance of the Veterans’ Day holiday.
Contact NorthWashingtonStreet@dot.state.ma.us with any questions or concerns.