Below is the construction look ahead for the North Washington Street Bridge Replacement Project as provided by the Massachusetts Department of Transportation (MassDOT) for November 17 – November 30.
- N. Washington Street Inbound: Off-peak daytime lane reductions will continue across the bridge to Keany Square. One of two lanes and all turn movements will be available from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. on weekdays and overnight on 11/17, 11/18, 11/19, 11/25, and 11/26.
- N. Washington Street Outbound: Off-peak daytime lane reductions will continue across the bridge to City Square. One of two lanes open and all turn movements will be available from 7 a.m. – 2 p.m. on weekdays and Saturdays.
- Charles River Dam Pedestrian Walkway Closure: Starting on Tuesday, November 19, 2019, and continuing through Thursday, November 21, 2019, the pedestrian walkway over the Department of Conservation and Recreation (DCR)-controlled Charles River Dam locks will close for necessary maintenance at the DCR facility.
Description of Scheduled Work
- Construction of bridge spans and supports for the temporary pedestrian and vehicle bridge and utility bridge including installation of bridge spans and supports, welding, and excavation at the north and south ends of the bridge.
- Utility work by Eversource and National Grid includes running cables underground and over the temporary utility bridge.
- Daytime (6 a.m. – 4 p.m.) on weekdays and Saturdays and overnight (9 p.m. – 7 a.m.) on 11/2, 11/3, 11/5, 11/8, 11/9, 11/12, 11/13, and 11/15.
- No work will occur on Thursday, November 28 in observance of the Thanksgiving Day holiday.
Read more from MassDOT here and follow NorthEndWaterfront.com coverage of the bridge project by searching the tag N. Washington St. Bridge.
Contact NorthWashingtonStreet@dot.state.ma.us with any questions or concerns.