Here is all you need to know about the Feast of San Gennaro in Boston’s North End to be held on September 21 through 23, 2018. The feast venue will be on the corner of Hanover and Battery Streets featuring top entertainment including The Midtown Men, Sal “The Voice” Valentinetti, and the New York Bee Gees.
The Saint Gennaro Foundation Boston, a 501(c)3 non-profit, was established by Frank DePasquale, Nick Varano and Pasquale Trotta. An original reproduction of the statue of Saint Gennaro has been created by the sculptor Ettore Marinelli and blessed by Pope Francis in person at the Vatican. Proceeds of this non-profit organization will be used for autistic and non-autistic children. Funds will assist the parents of autistic children and needy families from all over the world with temporary housing, meals and transport assistance to hospital services in Boston.
A traditional procession through the streets of the North End will be held starting at noon on Sunday, Sept. 23rd. Masses at St. Leonard Church will also be held on Wednesday, Sept. 19th at 5pm and Sunday at 3pm.
San Gennaro is the patron saint of Naples and his feast day is September 19th. The NYC feast started on Mulbery Street in 1926 to celebrate Saint Januarius, the Patron Saint of Naples. This year, 2018, is the first year for the annual feast in Boston. Below is the full schedule for the Feast of San Gennaro in Boston.
Saint Gennaro Foundation of Boston
A Festival To Benefit Autism
Saint Gennaro Comes To The North End @ the corner of Hannover Street and Battery Street
Program & Entertainment
WEDNESDAY, September 19, 2018
- Mass at Saint Leonard Church, Hanover & Prince Streets, Starts at 5.00 pm
FRIDAY, September 21, 2018
- DJ Joe Carvello, 4:00-5:15 PM / 9:30-11:00 PM
- Giovanni Formisano / Wesley Ray Thomas-Classic Neapolitan Music and Opera, 5:30-6:45 PM
- Tenor Giovanni Formisano, a native of Torre del Greco, Naples Italy. He was recently featured on a concert in honor of the world-renowned Dimitri Hvorostovsky, a prominent figure at the Metropolitan Opera in New York. Mr.Formisano has participated in numerous concerts and Operas around the US and was winner of the “Talents of the World” international voice competition. Mr. Formisano continues to gain recognition in the classical music world and was praised for his interpretation of the Classical Neapolitan repertoire.
- Vanessa Salvucci, 7:00-7:30 PM
- Sal “The Voice” Valentinetti, 8:00 PM-9:30 PM
- Sal Valentinetti is an Italian-American crooner best known for his flawless vocals, larger than life personality, and his heart of gold. At the young age of fifteen, Sal realized the hidden talent he possessed and began performing his flawless tribute to the great Frank Sinatra. Before long the world would come to know him as “Sal the Voice”.
SATURDAY September 22, 2018
- DJ Felix Cutillo, 3:00-5:00 PM/ 10:00-11:00 PM
- Tenor Giovanni Formisano / Wesley Ray Thomas-Classic Neapolitan Music and Opera, 5:15- 6:30 PM
- Marc Turo, 7:00-8:00 PM
- The Midtown Men – 4 Stars from The Original Broadway Cast of Jersey Boys, 8:30-10:00 PM
- The Midtown Men reunites stars from the smash Broadway hit musical, JERSEY BOYS: The Story of Frankie Valli and The Four Seasons. Formed in 2010, the popular vocal group has been widely praised for their signature renditions of the greatest rock and roll songs of the 1960s. Together, they have played over 700 concerts in North America, Europe and China, and have headlined alongside over 30 symphonies including The Boston Pops and The National Symphony. Featuring stories and songs, their acclaimed concert features classic tunes originated by The Four Seasons, The Beatles, The Beach Boys, The Temptations, and more!
SUNDAY September 23, 2018
Procession, 12 noon Sunday
- 12:00 Noon Procession of the Statue of San Gennaro through the streets of Boston’s North End, followed by Mass at Saint Leonard Church at 3pm.
Entertainment on Sunday
- DJ Maurizio, 1:30-3:00 PM
- Tenor Giovanni Formisano / Wesley Ray Thomas-Classic Neapolitan Music and Opera, 3:00-4:15 PM
- Vinyl Groove, 4:30-6PM
- The New York Bee Gees, 6:30-8PM
- The New York Bee Gees Tribute Show is comprised of some of Long Island New York’s most versatile and exceptionally talented players. The band includes present or former members of well known, world renown acts including The Alan Parsons Project, Happy Together Tour, Meatloaf, Queen, Blue Oyster Cult, The Rippingtons and more. The band offers all of the classic 70’s disco hits from Stayin’ Alive to Night Fever while embracing their early works such as ToLove Somebody, I’ve Got to Get a Message to You and Massachusetts. The New York Bee Gees delivers songs from every decade of the Bee Gees catalog with a stunning production, powerful vocals and the professional stage presence to fill any club or casino.