- Boston Public Schools are closed Thursday (and maybe Friday).
- BCYF Community Centers, including the Nazzaro Center, are open 7:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Parking ban beginning Thursday, Jan. 4th at 7 am.
- Street cleaning is cancelled.
- North End Public Safety meeting is cancelled.
- Snow emergency means space savers are fair game!
- The City of Boston is putting into effect a Snow Emergency and Parking Ban on main roads.
- You will be ticketed and towed if you park on a posted snow emergency artery during a declared snow emergency.
- Please park at least 20 feet away from intersections and no farther than 1 foot from the curb. Don’t block sidewalks, fire hydrants, ramps, driveways or the street with your vehicle.
- Discounted parking will be available in City garages. Locations and pricing information can be found at: Boston.gov/snow.
- Residents are encouraged to stay off the roads, and take public transportation if needed.
Rules on Clearing Snow:
Property owners must clear snow, sleet and ice from sidewalks and curb ramps abutting the property within three hours after the snowfall ends or three hours after sunrise if the snow ends overnight. Failure to comply can result in a fine issued by PWD’s Code Enforcement Division.
Do not throw snow onto the street. Fines associated with improper removal of snow can be found here.
You can report an unshoveled sidewalk to the City of Boston via 311:
HOW TO USE 311 (24 hours a day, 7 days a week)
- CALL – Dial 311 within Boston city limits. You can also call 617-635-4500.
- USE THE WEBSITE – Available online at Boston.gov/311.
- USE THE APP – Download the app for iOS or Android.
- TWEET – Tweet a request @BOS311 with information, location and a photo.
Call 911 for public safety issues, police or fire.
Please clear an area at the curb, or put containers next to or in front of snow banks.
IMPORTANT PHONE NUMBERS
- Boston Fire, Boston Police and Emergency Services: 911
- Non-emergency requests: 311
- Eversource gas and electric: 1-800-592-2000
- National Grid: 1-800-322-3223
- Boston Water & Sewer Commission: 617-989-7000
- Massachusetts Water Resources Authority: 617-242-6000
- City of Boston Tow Lot: 617-635-3900
- National Weather Service: 508-822-0634
- Verizon: 800-837-4966
- City of Boston Animal Care and Control: 617-635-5348
- Cold Relief Heatline: 800-632-8175
- Elderly Commission: 617-635-4366
- Emergency Shelter Commission: 617-635-4507
- MBTA: 617-222-3200
- Mass. Emergency Management Agency (MEMA): 508-820-1428
- Mass. Road and Traffic Conditions: 617-374-1234
- City of Boston Neighborhood Services: 617-635-3485
- State Police: 617-740-7600
- Transit Police: 617-222-1212
- City of Boston Veterans Services: 617-635-3957