Christopher Columbus High School, Class of 1957, held their 60th reunion on Sunday, October 1, 2017 at Ristorante Filippo in the North End.
The reunion was attended by eighteen classmates and their guests. Franciscan priests in attendance were, Fr. Robert Caprio O.F.M. a former Principal and Fr. Claude Scrima O.F.M, Parochial Vicar of St. Leonard Church in the North End.
Columbus was the first Central Catholic High School in the Archdiocese of Boston and taught by the Franciscan Friars.
The building located on Tileston Street in the North End, overlooking the Old North Church and was on an historical site occupied by the Eliot School, one of the first public schools in the United States.
Christopher Columbus Central Catholic High School was an all boy’s school until 1980, when it became co-educational. The school was closed by the Archdiocese in 1990.
The Columbus tradition is being kept alive by various classes having re-unions and classmates gathering for dinner or lunch.
The Class of 1957 is one of the more active classes and has had a 50th, 55th and now their 60th reunion. Long may the memory of Columbus High School Live.
Arthur A. Lauretano
Class of 1957