Aaron Michlewitz, Maria Lanza, and the Neighborhood Council’s President, John Pregmon provided updates at the Neighborhood Council meeting on July 10th, 2017. Use the timeline to jump to specific areas of interest in the video.
(00:00) John Pregmon – Neighborhood Council President
- Marquis, the new owners of the North End Nursing Home, will come to the Neighborhood Council in the Fall to speak about their occupancy.
- Candidates running for Boston City Council will speak at the next Neighborhood Council meeting on September 11th, 2017.
(00:57) Maria Lanza – Mayor’s Office of Neighborhood Services
- On July 11th, the City of Boston launched the Imagine Boston 2030 City Wide Plan.
- The Mayor and Boston Public Schools have started a 3 week free Summer lunch program at City Hall Plaza for students who are 18 and under working in the city. More on Lunch on The Lawn.
- Artist in Resident Craft Workshops at Christopher Columbus Park on Thursdays in August. (August 3rd, 10th, and 17th) August 3rd will include a puppet show!
(03:16) State Representative Aaron Michlewitz
Recently, the State of Massachusetts FY18 budget was passed. State Rep. Aaron Michlewitz said the discussion about the AirBnb tax was taken out of the budget because it was too complicated at the time. However, the discussion will continue, but it had to be put on hold to pass a state budget. He said that he can not give an exact deadline for when the tax will be implemented, but wants to “get it done this legislative session.” The current session runs until July 31st, 2018.
(06:20) Tania Green – Public Safety Report
See the July, 2017 Public Safety Report here.
(10:26) Greenway Report – John Pregmon
- The Rose Kennedy Greenway Conservatory has come to an agreement with the Mass Department of Transportation for a 10 year lease on the Greenway.
- A new job has opened up for the Programs Coordinator for the Greenway.
- See what events are happening on The Greenway! Thursdays throughout the Summer, Boston Calling is hosting Block Parties on the Greenway.
- The Carousel is selling tickets for four rides for $10 as a promotion this Summer.
The Next Neighborhood Council meeting will be on Monday, September 11th at 7 PM in the Nazzaro Center. There will be no meeting in August.