As the summer season heats up, consider adding these notable North End activities to your to-do list! You can always find all neighborhood events on our community calendar.
Donna Summer Roller Disco Party
Boston’s 4th annual roller disco party to celebrate Boston-born disco-legend Donna Summer will take place Friday, June 23rd, 6pm – 10pm at City Hall Plaza. Bring the whole family to this free event featuring music and a roller-skating rink!
Boston Harborfest & Independence Day
This six day event over Fourth of July weekend features hundreds of family-friendly activities including historical reenactments, boat tours, walking tours and live entertainment. See the full Harborfest schedule here.
As part of the excitement, join the Friends of Christopher Columbus Park on Saturday, July 1st, at their annual Independence Day Celebration.
North End Feasts
The Italian feasts and Saint processions are a staple of North End summers, with the biggest celebrations occurring in August. Here are some of the largest ones:
- St. Agrippina di Mineo: August 3rd – 6th. Feast opens at 7pm on Thursday, 12pm-11pm on Friday, Saturday and Sunday on Hanover & Battery Streets.
- Madonna Della Cava: August 11th – 12th. Feast opens at 7pm on Friday, 12pm-11pm Saturday and Sunday on Hanover and Battery Streets.
- Fisherman’s Feast of the Madonna Del Soccorso di Sciatica: August 17th – 20th. Feast opens at 6pm on Friday, 12pm-11pm on Saturday and Sunday on Fleet, Lewis and North Streets.
- Saint Lucy’s & Saint Anthony’s Feast: August 24th – 27th. St. Lucy’s feast begins at 5pm Thursday night on Thatcher and Endicott Streets. St. Anthony’s feast opens at 7pm on Friday, 12pm-11pm on Saturday and Sunday on Endicott, Thatcher and North Margin Streets.
See the full schedule on our sister site, NorthEndBoston.com/feasts.
Visit Rowes Wharf every Friday at dusk with your lawn chairs, blankets and snacks for an outdoor movie screening. Here’s this summer’s lineup:
- June 23: Moonstruck
- June 30: Notting Hill
- July 7: Captain America
- July 14: The Notebook
- July 21: Cheaper by the Dozen
- July 28: The Little Mermaid
- August 4: Tootsie
- August 11: Casablanca
- August 18: The Jungle Book 2016
- August 25: My Big Fat Greek Wedding
- September 1: Fever Pitch
- September 8: Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl
Close out each weekend with a Sunday outdoor movie at Christopher Columbus Park. Movies begin at sunset; see the lineup below:
- July 1: Yankee Doodle Dandy
- July 16: Moonstruck
- July 23: Despicable Me 2
- July 30: Woman in Gold
- August 6: Florence Foster Jenkins
- August 13: ET
- August 20: Hoosiers
- August 27: Hair Spray
- Sept. 3: Moulin Rouge
- Sept 10: Close Encounters of the Third Kind
Coolidge on the Greenway Movie Night happens once a month on Tuesdays at Wharf District Park (between Milk Street and India Street). Here’s what’s playing:
- June 27 (rain date June 28): Twister
- July 18 (rain date July 19): Back to the Future
- August 8 (rain date August 9): King Kong
Games at Christopher Columbus Park
In addition to Harborfest and weekly outdoor movies, the Friends of Christopher Columbus Park sponsor these fun activities:
- Croquet on the West Lawn – Wednesdays 5:30pm – 7:30pm July through August.
- Lawn Games on the West Lawn – Cornhole, croquet and more! Saturdays 12pm – 4pm July through August.
- NEMPAC Summer Concert Series on the Prado – Thursdays 5:30pm – 7:30pm for the month of July at Paul Revere Mall.
- Friday Afternoon Concert Series at Sam Adams Park 6pm – 9pm July through August.
- MSL Pilates Bootcamp – Every other Monday (6/26, 7/10, 7/24, 8/7 & 8/21) 6:30pm – 7:15pm at Hanover and Cross Street.
- Next Level Fitness Bootcamp – Wednesdays 6:30pm – 7:30pm now through August 30th at Hanover and Cross Street.
- Boston Workplace Fitness – Thursdays at 5:30pm – 6:30pm now through September 28th at Milk Street and Atlantic Avenue.
Know an event you’d like to add? Please share in the comments section below.